Survival is a natural instinct that has us all striving to live a long and healthy life. It’s the most powerful drive of them all and is what gets most of us up in the morning. The problem with that is mother nature isn’t always as kind as we’d like.
Quite often throughout a person’s life they’ll have to deal with a number of different health conditions imposed upon them. This could be anything from acne, to anxiety, to cancer. And while there are a number of treatments available to help cure such conditions, they’re not always the most convenient or even best option for the person in question. Thankfully, there may be another option for these people to consider, and it’s in the form of CBD oil.
What is Cannabidiol (CBD) oil?
Cannabidiol oil is a product that’s grown massively in popularity over the past few years. Derived directly from the cannabis plant, cannabidiol is one of the many active cannabinoids in the plant. But unlike its cousin tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it doesn’t have any psychoactive ingredients. Instead, it acts as a natural, alternative form of treatment for a number of different health conditions.
Why you should use this product
One of the nickname’s that’s been given to CBD oil since it’s arrival on the market is “miracle oil”. And when you look at the long list of symptoms it’s helped people get relief from, you can see why this nickname has stuck with it. The following are just some of the many health conditions that have proven to be helped by CBD oil in the past 5 years. There are lots of others.
- Epileptic seizures. The amazing success the oil has had on those suffering from epileptic seizures is one of the reasons as to why it became so popular so quickly. In one study (1) a staggering 84% of children suffering from treatment-resistant epilepsy showed a reduction in the frequency of seizures when using marijuana oil as a form of treatment. After just 3 months of receiving treatment using 98% oil-based cannabidiol extract, results of the study confirmed that a staggering 39% of those children taking part in the study showed a reduction in seizures by at least 50%.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. This is a progressive disease that causes pain and inflammation in the joints. And since the compound has a natural anti-inflammatory properties, it’s an ideal compound to be used to in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. A 2015 study (2) carried out on rodents demonstrated how cannabis oil successfully reduced both inflammation and pain associated with the condition.
- Over the past few years this medication/ supplement has had great success when in comes to treating skin complaints such as acne. The reason why it’s so effective is because CBD works alongside the receptors responsible for reducing inflammation.
- Chronic pain. Can you imagine being in pain all the time? Constantly trying endless concoctions of medicines and therapies to try and just live a normal life is something chronic pain sufferers have to deal with everyday. For many of these people, this natural drug is the only form of treatment that helps.
- A review published in Neurotherapeutics suggested that the remedy helps to reduce anxiety and nervousness in some people. Usually those suffering with chronic anxiety are often advised to steer clear of cannabis because of the psychoactive properties of THC. However, the CBD extracted from the plant can actually be very beneficial to them in helping to calm their nerves and reduce the overall feeling of anxiety.
- Inflammation of the pancreas is not that uncommon in those diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cannabidiol oil has been found to be very effective in easing this condition.
- Depression is a condition that affects millions of people across the world. While it may not be possible for cannabis oil to cure depression, it can certainly help ease some of the symptoms associated with it. The reason why CBD works so well at relieving symptoms of depression is that it has a direct relationship with “feel good” cell receptors such as dopamine and serotonin. As a result, when it is ingested dopamine and serotonin are released into the body, creating a sensation of satisfaction and pleasure.
- Because cannabidiol is so effective at calming one’s nerves and reducing anxiety, it’s also a great form of treatment for those suffering with insomnia. Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that’s often associated with anxiety.
- Neurodegenerative disease. Diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s are what are classed as neurodegenerative diseases. They’re debilitating conditions that are characterized by the progressive loss or functioning of neurons within the body, including the death of neurons. These diseases invariably attack the brain. Thankfully, this natural medicine has shown great potential in this area when it comes to protecting the brain, and this comes down to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities.
- Marijuana oil has been found to have great cancer fighting properties in that it can specifically target cancerous cells while leaving healthy cells to flourish. It can also help to ease pain associated with cancer and combat the feeling of nausea and loss of appetite that cancer patients often feel.
As you can see there are so many health conditions that CBD can help with. The above list is just a small sample of what the “miracle oil” can do. There’s’ a good chance that whatever your medical condition, this natural supplement can certainly help in one way or another.
Top CBD Oil Brands For Canadians
Diamond CBD is making quite a name for themselves by putting out very potent products. Many people also like them because of their endless flavors. Their fast shipping to all parts of Canada is a major selling point as well.
2. Green Roads
Green Roads is one of the most reputable brands and has been putting out all sorts of great new products for a long time. If you need hemp oil for sleep or anxiety, they are the best. Many people in Calgary and Vancouver(west Canada) absolutely LOVE Green Roads.
PureKana is an amazing brand that has many high-quality extracts available. Be sure to check them out if you like pure extracts that are potent.
If you need a great place to buy this natural hemp product near Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal, go with the Diamond CBD brand which has fast shipping to east Canada.
If you are in Vancouver or Winnipeg or Calgary, however, make sure to use Green Roads.
Windsor, Ontario is a unique area for which we will update when we find out the optimal brand, but for now we have to recommend PureKana.
Is the Product Really Legal In Canada?
Yes, cannabis oil is 100% legal in Canada. However, only a special type of the oil is legal in Canada. That special kind is that which is made from hemp and has a low concentration of THC.
You can get this type of cannabis oil without a prescription or without needing to be part of the medical cannabis program.
A great guide to read about CBD is About cannabis and CBD – Canada.ca.
THC & CBD oil products not included in Canada’s legalization plan leave the nation asking questions – this article is also a good source of info for people.
Cannabidiol’s Scientifically Renowned Properties
CBD works by interacting with receptors on the Endocannabinoid system which is part of the nervous system.
The main receptors on the system are CB1 and CB2. The system is responsible for regulating important functions including appetite, sleep, pain, and other functions.
The action of CBD on the two main receptors brings enhances the work of the ECS system helping it to better manage its functions.
Cannabidiol also has other effects on the brain including protection of brain cells and the reduction of blood flow to certain over-excited areas of the brain to reduce the likelihood of a user experiencing a seizure.
How Cannabidiol Exhibits Benefits In The Body
CBD acts on other receptors on other parts of the body to produce similar therapeutic benefits including the elimination of acne and preventing cancer cells from growing rapidly.
The drug also acts on receptors on the immune system boosting the immune function; the extra protection against diseases makes it easier for your body to fight diseases.
As you can see, CBD is legal in Canada.
CBD gummies are the best way to take this natural drug because they provide taste and are convenient to take.
In terms of CBD gummy brands, the best is PureKana. So if you were looking for this type of product, you should know that this brand is the best in terms of effectiveness, appearance and flavor.
The gummies are effective for the management of pain, inflammation, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, insomnia and appetite.
The effects are produced courtesy of the fact that CBD in the gummies can interact with receptors on the Endocannabinoid system which regulates key functions in the body.